Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Brainstorm#5

I never saw the sky so blue – at least not for fourteen years. The ground beneath my feet felt strange also, as if I had just stepped out of a time capsule and onto another world. I was out-of-my-skin. My breath rapid as was my heartbeat. People I loved brought me warm and with their tight embraces and reassuring words of comforts. I didn’t want to but the need was present to veer my sight back to the gates. For now those steel bars stood behind me and not before me. Yes the skies were blue and yes my tears where abundant. And my hands? Well…they were clean of course. I doubted my own guilt during the time spent, as if my own resolve had given into the injustice handed down to me back when blood…of a another, a stranger to me and my representatives in court, even the witnesses themselves, trickled out of the victim like an oily, dark matter until life was emptied of its sustenance.
Deep in the core of my being I did pray that, whomever he was – the bloodless man gun down that night – was now joyful that two crimes were now nearing justice. Again I had to look once more at the palms of my hands and see for a certainty how clean they were. For even my finger nails seemed polished in some sort of peculiar fashion. As each new member arrived to hug me in dear compassion and wet with deep emotion – tear traces and venting cries in undertones, I felt my knees lock and my spine erect for I was free of the sentence and atlas free to restructure the pieces of my life. Justice, blind and balanced served, cold yet…served. I was free!

No comments:

Post a Comment