Sunday, September 19, 2010

Brainstorm#8

The best is yet to come; so she dreams. I lay on the sand next to her as she rambles on about god-knows-what. I just pretend, as always, to look as if I am interested in her delusions of reality. I was just relaxing by bringing the shapes of the clouds into familiar patterns. Eventually she stopped her yacking long enough for me to close my eyes and rest. It was a trying day for the both of us. The car had a minor problem that morning, and Timmy, our four-year-old boy, developed a sinus problem. We drove him, of course, to the emergency room where he was given medication and a follow-up visit.

I've been married to Laura for close to two years now and, even though she could talk up a storm, I fall for her sensual stares all-the-time. It's a seductive trace reflective in her deep, green eyes that captivates my soul. We both, at times, still feel like newlyweds and yet, in other moments, we argue about some silly, trivia subject until the cows come home. Our apartment can be a mad house or it can be a dungeon depending on the mood of the day. She fails to understand my attraction to football and, as she goes, I can't see why she has a desperate need to rescue every single stray animal she sees on the street.

During one particular Sunday afternoon I had a couple of buddies over to see the game on the tube. She gave me the evil eye while seeming hospitable to my pals. After mid-afternoon the last of my friends exited ushering in a whirlwind of nasty words, loud shouts, and slamming doors. That particular event did not simmer until a week later when I brought some roses and candy. I knew she was a sucker for such surprises. I also, as best of an act as I could muster, asked her for forgiveness. She just fell apart and at once she was crying on my shoulder. It's always a nice thing when stressful nerves calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment